The West African Examination Council(WAEC) has indicated that it will monitor some selected senior high schools serving as 2021 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) centres following the rescheduling of physics and Business Management.
In a press statement issued by the council dated 15th September 2021, the council revealed that as a further step to safeguard the integrity of the examination, the council has put in place strict internal controls and compliance by all staff to the security regulations of the council. It has also indicated that it has increased its inspection and monitoring at the various centers.
According to WAEC, the following SHSs in respect of which tip-offs were received on intents to cheat are being closely monitored for evidence to validate claims;
- Ejisu Senior High Technical School
- Anlo-Afiadenyigba Senior High School
- Tepa Senior High School
- Yeji Senior High Technical School
- King David College , Somanya
- Ideal College, Sunyani
- Christ the King Senior High School, Obuasi
- Modern Senior School, Kintampo
- Mordern Senior High, Kpong
- Oyoko Methodist Senior High School
- Kio Agogo Senior High School
The council has however withdrawn the services of some supervisors and invigilators pending further sanctioning. Also, the council has vowed to scrutinize the scripts of schools where cheating has been reported.