2021 PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT: 21 ITEMS NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT
1. School information/particulars of NQTs including GTLE number
2. Evidence of attendance to work confirmed through a letter by the head (Content should indicate the period of attendance in minutes)
3. Teaching Philosophy (Goal, its relationship with your teaching techniques and assessment practices)
4. A video/ an audio tape of your best lesson or still photographs of your teaching
5. Scheme of work/Scheme of Learning
6. 15 samples of Lesson plans (learning plan) used
7. Samples of student work you have graded, showing your comments etc. or sample of activities you have evaluated showing your comments.
8. Reflective practice/Reflective logs /Reflections on your practice.
9. Assessment instruments (test items/quizzes) created by you, with their marking schemes, and an explanation of how effective (or ineffective) the assessment was used or data collection instruments developed by you with sample data collected and analyze and reports generated from the analysis
10. Work/task sheets drawn for students/clients
11. Mentor’s report/comments on NQTs behavior, attendance and attitude towards work
12. A brief report indicating not less than five (5) co-curricular activities engaged in be NQT
13. Report on Core Competences which focuses on:
>How learners were supported to develop new competences
➤ How learners were supported to use already possessed competences
➤ Difficulties teachers had in helping learners to either develop or use particular core competence(s).
14. Headteacher’s recommendation
15. List and description of learning/teaching aids (resources) that cannot be put into the portfolio.
16. A report on career development for the NQT (Head or Mentor should provide based on assessment of NQTs experiences).
17. Evidence of participating in school-based activities including formal meetings attended.
18. Three minutes written by NQTs which provide evidence of meetings with the mentor.
19. A report written by NQT showing evidence of meeting with the Head of school
20. Evidence of In-Service Trainings attended
➤Type of in-service attended (SBI, CBI, DBI COP, etc.)
> Certificate awarded
21. Summary of Action Research conducted as part of the reflective Practice