The Ministry of Health has announced recruitment of 2019 Degree, Diploma and Certificate Nurses and Midwives across the country.
According to the Ministry, the online recruitment portal will be activated on 10th November 2021.
When the portal is officially opened, one needs to apply online for employment.
Sugri Abdul-Rafiq, one of the leadership of the Health Professionals has outlined detailed steps to assist applicants during the application period.
Just follow the guidelines below on how to easily fill Ministry of Health Online Recruitment Portal for the 2019 year group of Nurses and Midwives.
Applicants will use their N&MC INDEX NUMBERS to access the portal.
After the system confirms you have been financially cleared for this recruitment round, you will be redirected to create an account to login and complete the application process as follows;
1. AGENCY: – (please select your preferred agency being; GHS, CHAG, TEACHING HOSPITALS, AHMADIYYA, etc.)
2. PREFERRED REGION: – (please select the region you wish to be posted to)
3. CADRE: e.g for NAC/NAP; Nurse Assistant Preventive/Nurse Assistant Clinical
4. PASSPORT PICTURE: – (please upload a scanned copy of 2 inches long, 1½ inches wide, red background for NAC/NAP and white background for diploma and degree, passport picture which show fully your uniform’s sleeves exposing the arm up to the elbow.
NB: This is of the same size as the one you used for N&MC registration/Indexing/AIN renewals).
5. GRADE: – (e.g NAC graduates should select Enrolled Nurse whiles NAP graduates should also select Community Health Nurse)
6. APPLICANT’S FULL NAME: – (please enter your full name as stated on your N&MC certificate)
7. EMAIL ADDRESS: – (please enter your valid email address)
8. DATE OF BIRTH: – (please enter your date of birth as stated on your birth certificate)
9. GENDER: – (please select between MALE/FEMALE)
10. CONTACT NUMBER: – (please enter your active phone number)
11. MARITAL STATUS: – (please select your maritaltal status being it; single, married, divorced, widow, etc.)
12. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS: – (please enter your current residential address. eg: P. O. Box TL 864 Tamale, Ghana)
13. EMERGENCY CONTACT: – (please enter the full name of your closest living relative who can act as a referral person)
14. EMERGENCY CONTACT PHONE: – (please enter the active phone number of your emergency contact)
15. RELATIONSHIP TO CONTACT NUMBER: – (please state how you are related to the emergency contact. eg: father, sister, brother, etc.)
16. HAS DISABILITY?: – (if you have any form of a disability please select YES and enter the details of the disability. If otherwise, select NO)
17. HAS MEDICAL CONDITION?: – (if you have any medical condition please select YES and enter the details of the medical condition. If otherwise, select NO)
EDUCATION BACKGROUND/EVIDENCE OF REGISTRATION WITH RELEVANT REGULATORY BODY.
1. INDEX NUMBER: – (please enter your index number as stated on your N&MC certificate/indexing form/result slip)
2. TRAINING INSTITUTION: – (please enter the name of the nursing training school you completed. eg: College of Health Sciences, Yendi)
3. REGION OF TRAINING INSTITUTION: – (please select the region where the nursing training school you completed is located. eg: Northern Region).
4. TOWN OF TRAINING INSTITUTION: – (please enter the name of the TOWN/CITY where the nursing training school you completed is located. eg: Yendi)
5. DATE OF ENTRY: – (please enter the date you commences your nursing training education as stated on your admission letter/indexing form. eg: 31st Augst, 2017)
6. DATE OF COMPLETION: – (please enter the date you completed your nursing training school/the date you wrote your final licensing examination paper. eg: 28th November 2019)
7. REGULATORY BODY: – (please select “NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL”)
8. REGISTRATION NUMBER: – (please enter your registration number as stated on your N&MC certificate/AIN. eg: NAP2783 or RGN2783)
9. DATE OF REGISTRATION: – (please enter the date on which you are registering. eg: 10th November 2021)
10. PLEASE SUBMIT & SAVE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION AND LOG OUT.
Please note that there may not be a printout available. You may only be told to wait for your Agency to contact you.
But in case there is any printout available, then you should print it out and wait for further directives from your selected region/agency.
PLA EASE DO A PHOTOCOPY OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AND WAIT FOR FURTHER DIRECTIVES FROM THE REGIONAL HEALTH DIRECTORATE OF THE REGION YOU SELECTED FOR THE POSTINGS.
1. ONLINE APPLICATION
PRINTOUT(if available, but note that it may not be available)
2. N&MC CERTIFICATE
3. N&MC RESULT SLIP
4. AIN (FRONT & BACK)
5. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
6. MEDICAL REPORT – (Copies of both GHS & CHAG medical report forms will be sent here after the portal has been closed)
7. PASSPORT PICTURE
PLEASE NOTE that your account expires when the recruitment round has ended. This means that you cannot log in after the recruitment round is over.
ALSO NOTE that placements are done on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. An automated queuing System is used to ensure that placements are done according to the time you successfully submit your completed application.
Please do not fall victim to scam artists claiming to have the ability to change your organization or region of choice. It is impossible to change once you are placed.
Note: this is not sanctioned by the MoH but it is out of our previous experience that we prepared this with the sole aim of assisting our junior colleagues.