The Woman’s dormitory of ultimate yr college students at Obo Kwahu Ridge Senior Excessive and Technical faculty (KRISTEC), has been razed down by a wild flames of fireside.
It’s not but established what truly induced the fireplace, nonetheless, preliminary studies say the fireplace might have been triggered attributable to some electrical faults.
Handful of feminine college students occupying a dormitory mission that was put up by the Faculty’s PTA are presently left stranded.
The ability used to accommodate 172 college students out of which 64 are marginally affected by the fireplace outbreak.
A report filed by Republic FM’s Andy Frimpong Manso counsel that, the fireplace began within the early hours of Wednesday, June 29.
Nevertheless, the headmistress, who might have been aware about the mandatory info referring to the fireplace has refused to temporary the media on a course from the Regional Schooling director to not converse to the media.
Talking in an interview with Andy Frimpong Manso, the Member of Parliament for Mpraeso Constituency, Mr. Davis Ansah Opoku supplied his sympathy to the scholars on this making an attempt occasions.
“Within the Early hours of as we speak, the MCE referred to as that there’s been some fireplace outbreak and we thought it smart to collectively come and first all of assess the injury brought on by the fireplace outbreak and to additionally sympathize with you.
Myself and the MCE assures you that we’re going to repair this tragedy, however for now, we’re going to organize a brief resolution to the issue.
We have now spoken to the federal government and particularly, the NADMO, who very quickly will come to our assist and the ministry of training can be actively concern”,
The MCE, Emmanuel Atta Ofori Snr on his half, urged the scholars to not be dampened by the fireplace outbreak.
He promised that the but to be accomplished dormitory shall be given a face-elevate to offer a cushty and peaceable atmosphere for the scholars.
He referred to as on the headmistress to offer him 14-days to finish the primary ground of the storey constructing dormitory for the scholars to maneuver in.
The Kwahu South Municipal Meeting in a bid to offer a right away reduction for the scholars donated a further Gh¢5,000 to the college.
No casualties was recorded. Objects destroyed by the fireplace included sensible gear, kitchen wares, textbooks and different studying supplies of the scholars have been severely broken past recognition.