Church of Pentecost has been within the information all week after finishing and handing over an ultramodern jail to the Ghana Jail Service.
Whiles different reward them for fascinated about the welfare of prisoners, others are blasting them for fascinated about prisoners and never unemployed folks.
Amidst the backlash, members of the church have listed about 10 initiatives the church have executed to profit the common Ghanaian with the final two years.
Under Is The Record
1. Within the 2019, CoP spent GHS 2.7mil on academic scholarships.
2. In 2020, 74 road youngsters, 298 drug addicts, 38 intercourse staff, 101 road dwellers and 48 others have been put into commerce, enrolled in colleges, or given vocational and entrepreneurial abilities.
3. In 2019-20, The Church handed over its multi-purpose facility, the Pentecost Conference Centre (PCC), to the Authorities of Ghana for use as an isolation centre for individuals contaminated with the Coronavirus illness (COVID-19). This costed the Church over GHS GHS 39 mil throughout the interval.
4. In 2020, The Church’s Headquarters supported needy members at the price of GHS 23,920.50.
5. Apart these, the Areas, Districts and native Assemblies additionally supported the battle to the tune of about GHS5,412,653.20, in offering aid help to weak members and non-members. Private Protecting Tools (PPE) have been additionally supplied to some public establishments.
6. The church spent GHS2,313,859.09 on well being care help to members, at varied ranges of the Church in Ghana.
7. A complete of 44 boreholes have been drilled throughout the nation.
8. An quantity of GHS1,300,000.00 was obtained from the Nationwide Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programme (NEIP) to help the coaching of about 3,500 youth in employable abilities and a couple of,500 in moral enterprise administration. As at December 2020, a complete of 1,500 unemployed youths within the Church had been educated and supplied with start-up help in Style, Catering, Electronics, and Dressmaking.
9. PENTSOS initiated a community-based youth employment undertaking dubbed “Enhancing Meals Safety and Job Alternatives by Sustainable Financial livelihoods”. By this initiative, PENTSOS has arrange a bakery undertaking at Busunya within the Techiman Space of the Church to supply direct employment and prepare the youth in bread making.
10. To boost meals safety and job alternatives among the many youths within the northern areas, PENTSOS, in collaboration with the Bawku Space and the Ministry of Meals and Agriculture (MoFA), organised coaching for 60 youths in dry season vegetable farming. By Bawku Space, a 20-acre land has been acquired for 25 years for the institution of an irrigation farm.